{a foto food journal}

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

onesies

Cooking for one sucks. Not only do you have to think about how to adjust the ingredients, but you also have to have the proper cooking utensils. Luckily my mom gave me this clay pot for one when I visited her in Japan last year.

IMG_0785

It's a great cooking piece to have when you have to cook for yourself. It's the perfect size and cooks everything evenly and super fast. One of my favorite dishes to make in this pot is my 10 minute veggie casserole. Yup, 10 minutes...Rachel Ray take that!

directions:

1. Chop desired veggies for one and saute in clay pot with butter ( I used baby portabella mushrooms, red peppers, fresh basil, and onions)

IMG_0774

2. After veggies are cooked, fill the pot with your favorite pasta sauce and top with shredded cheese (I used a blend of mozzarella, parmesan, and provolone) and cover until all the cheese is melted.

IMG_0780

3. Enjoy a perfect portion for one!

IMG_0782

No comments:

Post a Comment