{a foto food journal}

Monday, June 7, 2010

brunch in clifton town

IMG_3396

Yesterday the bf & I drove down to Clifton to have brunch with 2 of our favorite couples. The executive chef at Trummer's on Main was named a 2010 Best New Chef by Food & Wine Magazine, so I knew that brunch was going to be delicious. I started with their signature cocktail the titanic, a blend of grape vodka, grapes, and champagne. Topped with "icebergs" It was a nice and refreshing cocktail...perfect for brunch.

IMG_3398

The first course was a basket full of zucchini bread, biscuits, and vanilla buns. They were obviously so good that I didn't have time to snap a picture of it. I chose the pineapple parfait for my second course, but I managed to snag the bf's fried green tomato for taste :p
(fried green tomatoes with tomato jam, queso fresco, and tomato syrup)
IMG_3399
Third course: shrimp & anis mill grits with english peas, spinach, and comte cheese.
yuuuuuum!The grits were creamy good and paired well with the shrimp.

IMG_3405

One of the other dishes came with pancakes that had me salivating, so I ordered a side of pancakes to see they were any good. Each bite was worth the carbs!

IMG_3408

Trummer's on Main, I will be back :p

No comments:

Post a Comment