{a foto food journal}

Thursday, June 24, 2010

sushi ko 3 yrs later

A few days ago the BF and I hit our 3 year 1st date anniversary. We decided to celebrate by going back to where it all started: Sushi Ko at Glover Park. I apologize in advanced for the dark and blurry pictures, but due to low lighting and a few glasses of sake I was unable to snap with a steady hand LOL.

IMG_3483

We kicked dinner off with a bottle of unfiltered sake (our fave kind).

IMG_3461

Starter: spinach, bamboo shoots, and mushroom salad

IMG_3462

We ordered 2 appetizers to hold us over until the main course. 1st dish was the Bonito sashimi drizzled with ponzu and topped with red onion, radish, and mint leaves.

IMG_3472

2nd appetizer was the salmon ceviche. Salmon, red onion, sprouts, and roe drizzled with yuzu.

IMG_3469

Dinner: spicy scallop roll, rock shrimp & cilantro roll, spicy tuna & sashimi roll

IMG_3473

If I could order all over again I would order the salmon ceviche as my starter, appetizer, and main course! Yes, it was THAT good. Not to take away from the rest of the meal, which was delicious, but every bite after the salmon ceviche was gone had me lusting for another order. The citrus salmon combination was so foodgasmic I'm definitely ordering my own portion next time :P

No comments:

Post a Comment